Episode 188, 2 May 2012
1. The Black Seeds – Gabriel’s Strut Dub [NZ]
2. 10Ft Ganja Plant – This I Know
3. 10Ft Ganja Plant – Got To Be A Soldier
4. 10Ft Ganja Plant – Jesse James
5. 10Ft Ganja Plant feat. Prince Jazzbo – Recession
6. 10Ft Ganja Plant – Shake Up The Place
7. The Aggrolites – 5 Deadly Venoms
8. Hedley ‘Deadly’ Bennet – Hot Coffee
9. Jah Stitch – Black Harmony Killer
10. Johnny Organ – Don Juan
11. Radiation Kings – Murder
12. The Upsessions – Cool & Deadly
13. 10Ft Ganja Plant feat. Roger Rivas – Asking Hand
14. 10Ft Ganja Plant feat. Roger Rivas – One Inch Punch
15. 10Ft Ganja Plant feat. Roger Rivas – Invincible Butcher
16. 10Ft Ganja Plant feat. Roger Rivas – Funeral Of The Master
17. The Black Seeds – Dust And Dirt [NZ]
Download this episode by right clicking on this
and selecting ‘save target as …’ from the drop down menu.
*ROIR (pronounced “roar”), or Reach Out International Records, is a New York City-based record label founded in 1979 by Neil Cooper.
ROIR was founded the same year that the Sony Walkman launched, and the label initially distributed on cassette exclusively. Much of the label’s catalog is now available in CD and LP formats.
ROIR put out its first release in 1981, by James Chance and the Contortions. In 1982 ROIR released the compilation album New York Thrash, documenting the hardcore punk scene in the New York metropolitan area. It has since become a definitive album in the genre.
Most of ROIR’s early catalog consists of punk rock and No Wave releases by artists such as Suicide, Glenn Branca, and Lydia Lunch. The label later branched out into other genres including hardcore punk, reggae, ska and dub.
ROIR released early recordings by Bad Brains (Bad Brains), Beastie Boys, Einstürzende Neubauten (2X4), Flipper (Blow’n Chunks), MC5, New York Dolls, Television, Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry, and The Skatalites (Stretching Out).